Turkish Baths at Leamington

Added on by Robert Haines.

Another Hipstamatic image. This is a detail from the frigidarium (cooling room) at the old Turkish Baths at Leamington Spa.

It was built in 1863 as part of the Leamington Royal Pump Room Company's Royal Pump Room and Baths. Here, bathers would relax and drink tea. It was built to encourage visitors after the fashion of "taking the waters" had begun to decline in 1860.